A is for Agape

According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, "agape" is a word of late Latin and Greek origin, meaning literally "love."  To be exact, it refers specifically to brotherly love.  In that vein, I found several verses about agape love that I though are worth sharing:

Virgen de Guadalupe on a Stained Glass Window at the Mo Ranch Chapel
Sennelier Soft Pastels and Acrylic Paint on Strathmore Pastel Paper
Denise & Roger's ABC Wednesday
Eva & Kristin's Paint Party Friday: Week 45 Year 6
Alexandra's Sunday Sketches
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - 1 John 4:8.

Wedding Anniversary Card
My New Tim Holtz Window/Window Box & Tiny Tattered Floral Dies, Pediment Die, embossing folder, arrow, & game piece; We R'Memory Keepers Alphabet Punch boards; and various other materials
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Be Square
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: New Something
Karen's Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes Weeks 264-265
"I believe much trouble and blood would be saved if we opened our hearts more." - Chief Joseph

The Woodlands' Fountain Lake in Tyler, Texas
Nikon D3300 Shot Edited On Instagram
Our Beautiful World OBW 179 ~ Light
Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 397
Ramona's Inspire Me Monday 263
Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule. - Buddha

In closing, I want to thank all my blogging friends and followers, as well as everyone who takes the time to leave a comment.  You motivate and inspire me.  May agape love be the driving force in all your thoughts, words, and deeds.

Comments

jenn shurkus said…
what a sweet anniversary card :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!
LindyLouMac said…
Calling by from ABC Wednesday, great post for A.
Lindart said…
Beautiful Anniversary card! 28 years is a long time! Congratulations! The fountain is beautiful, I love fountains! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #39
Leslie: said…
Lovely post - haven't heard the word "agape" for ages! But I sure know what it means. Hope your new year has begun with tons of love and friendship.

Leslie
abcw team
April said…
What an absolutely appropriate message in the times we live in today. If we would just all love one another what a beautiful and peaceful world this would be. :-)
April #35
SumBunneh said…
the world is definitely a very beautiful place.. :)

Have a great week,
Erika (#33 not9 lol)
So many seem to have a hard time with agape love, so I love your post here...truly an example, and what gorgeous art...love the Virgin Mother.
Fabulous, Arnoldo!
Thanks so much for stopping by to share your amazing art in our challenge. I always enjoy my visits to your blog, and I can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us.
Have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
MelodyK said…
Well Arnoldo thank you for learning me a new word and one with such a content in it... wonderful... thank you also for your wishes, wishing you the same all day every day

Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-20a/
Unknown said…
Stopped by from WOYWW. What a lovely sentiment. Sez x #51
You are a man of joy!


ROG, ABCW
Hi Arnoldo, I'm doing my best to visit my favourite friends but the connection is not too good here so have to be quick. Great post this week and lovely sentiments. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 14
glitterandglue said…
How we need that agape love within our communities, our churches, our countries at this time in history.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3
Su-sieee! Mac said…
I like your choices of verse, Arnoldo. May more people every day hear and understand agape.
A beautiful painting and a great card - both shows with how much love you do all the things! Congrats on the anniversary!
Happy weekend !
oxo Susi
Valerie-Jael said…
Wonderful work as always. Happy PPF, Valerie
Christine said…
Beautiful stained glass inspiration!
sirkkis said…
Your art is always interesting and great.
Happy PPF♥
Wonderful art today. I love your religious statue. I'm sure there is a name for them, but I don't know it. Anyhow, it came out wonderful.
Gillena Cox said…
Nice sharing; Happy PPF


much love...
Irene Rafael said…
Thank you for the inspiration this week, Arnoldo. I feel that after visiting here, I love uplifted.
~~ Irene
Linda Kunsman said…
a beautiful painting of the stained glass. Your anniversary card is so pretty and wonderfully layered-with love. Great theme for all kinds of love here. Happy PPF and enjoy the long weekend!
Meihsia Liu said…
Such a gorgeous anniversary card! Love the beautiful embellishments and the great photo. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)
I like finding out new things. Thanks for sharing. :)
Ros Crawford said…
Lovely post and lovely photos Arnaldo.. Thanks so much for sharing at OBW!!
DVArtist said…
Very beautiful post. The art, the love it shines through.
Giggles said…
Happy Anniversary wonderful card!! Lovely sentiments here, all that which I was raised with! A great message to convey in todays world! Somehow I feel many of your readers live by those same sentiments!! I know I do! Very inspirational!

Hugs Giggles
A lovely warming painting and a great Anniversary card.

Agape love and hugs
Maarit
Fallingladies said…
Just love the sunlight in your fountain photo!
First off, it's so wonderful to see you back in the blog world, posting and sharing a part of your life. Wonderful agape piece. I really like his robe. Beautiful!! Here's to a blessed new year, for you, your wife and your family. x
Unknown said…
Your posts always give me something to think about, as well as something beautiful to look at.
Cathy Kennedy said…
Arnoldo, great "love" verses from the Bible. Perhaps my favorite is found in Psalms 17:17 "A friend loveth at all times." That's how you can measure the true merit of a friendship because only a real friend will love you no matter what. We see too much in relationships today where friendships are dashed away over differences in opinions and little value placed on the person, the friend, the relationship. It's very sad. The fountain photo is what pulled me to your site that I spotted on Inspire Me Monday. Have a good day and an excellent new year!
Indira said…
Lovely sentiment and the cards reflect it beautiful. I know of the word as "looking at with mouth open" but the "agape love" is so appropriate.
Jennifer Rose said…
you did a great job getting getting that stain glass look :D