T is for Thanksgiving ( ABCW, WOYWW & PPF)

On Thursday, November 24th, many Americans will be celebrating Thanksgiving Day.  However, it has become controversial, due to the abuses and discrimination that Native Americans suffered due to the European settlements all over the American continent.  Although I am primarily of European descent, I have some Mesoamerican ancestry too.  Therefore, I thoroughly relate to the controversy, but honor the holiday as a way of giving thanks for all my blessings.  In that regard, I am thankful for my family, my friends, my home, my pets, my job, my gift of creativity, and above all, for living in a country where I have the freedom to praise my God, who is my creator, savior and redeemer.

Art Journal Trio
Sketching, Doodling, and Lettering in Pen, Watercolor, Pastels and Markers
Ramona's Inspire Me Monday - Week 255
Kristin & Eva's Paint Party Friday - Week 38 Year 6
Alexandra's Sunday Sketches
Candy Cane Trio Christmas Cards
Products Used: Tim Holtz, Fiskars, Martha Stewart, K&Company, and More
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Trio-Tastic
Moo-Mania: Stripes
Karen's Word Art Wednesday
Tarnished Pole on 6th Street - Austin, Texas  USA
Our Beautiful World: OBW 174 ~ Worn
Denise & Roger's ABC Wednesday - T is for Tarnished
Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #390
In closing, I want to leave you with a piece of scripture found in 2 Corinthians 9:11, "You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.  I also want to thank all my followers, as well as everyone who takes the time to leave a comment.  May your life be filled with blessings, no matter what your race, ethnicity, culture, gender, personal belief system or any other difference may be!

Comments

Reader Wil said…
Your blog is so interesting and beautiful! Thanks for your explanation of Thanksgiving Day. You certainly have a lot of reasons to be thankful
for. You are so talented.God bless you and your work.
Lisabella Russo said…
What lovely thoughts and beautiful art!
Leslie: said…
We have our Thanksgiving here in Canada in early October but our sentiments are just the same as ours. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Leslie
abcw team
Wonderful post and art as always! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you very much for joining Moo Mania & More again!
Always appreciated!
Blessings!
Susi
Amit Agarwal said…
The tarnished pole has been kinda immortalized by your artistic perspective, sir! I take inspiration from you:) Regards..
MelodyK said…
Over here we don't celebrate thanksgiving like you do but I know of the tradition of course. Wishing you a blessed feast!

Have a nice ABC-day / - Week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/a-b-c-wednesday-19-t/
Lovely sentiments, Arnoldo! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! zsuzsa #22
Ros Crawford said…
Lovely post and photos! I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving ...Thanks so much for sharing at OBW!!
Valerie-Jael said…
Thanks for linking your delightful striped canes to Moo Mania and More. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, we all have so much to be thankful for. Valerie
Maura said…
Arnaldo, you have such an eclectic offering in your post, I enjoy seeing the many ways you celebrate art. Your cards with the trio of candy canes is delightful! Thanks for joining us this week for our trio challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Happy Thanksgiving! Maura
Sharon Madson said…
Delightful Christmas card with the candy canes! Happy Thanksgiving! #40
Lunch Lady Jan said…
That extract from Corinthians should go viral...it's so true but I think we need reminding of it constantly. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family tomorrow.
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxxx
Hi Arnoldo, great projects this week. I hope your Thanksgiving is good and you have a lovely day. It saddens me that the Native American were treated so badly and I would like to believe that things are better for them now but I can't think that I have ever seen any of them in a government position which makes me think that they are still a minority group who are conveniently forgotten about and discouraged from interacting with the affairs of their own country. Maybe you know better, I would like to think that I am wrong. Take care and have a great day my friend, Angela x 18
April said…
Thank you for sharing your beautiful art. I hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving.
April #34
The abuse of the pipeline demonstrators is a bitter irony during Thanksgiving week.


ROG, ABCW
Rike said…
I like the quote on your first drawing very much, and all your other words too. Very sweet christmas-cards!
Lindart said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you, you have many blessings and things to be thankful for as do I. As an American living in Canada, today is still my Thanksgiving, even if I only celebrate in my heart! Have a wonderful day, and I love your tarnished photo! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #41
Anonymous said…
Happy Belated WOYWW and I hope your Thanksgiving Day was a special day. We do not have such a celebration in the UK - but perhaps we should. I love the Journal Trio - I may steal that art quote! Ali x #32
Michele said…
i love your beautiful art, and love your written reflections equally as much. thank you for the good words and wishes you put into the world. i wish you many rich blessings as well! xo
artbyjune said…
Happy thanks giving!
There is nothing I could add to your words. Beautiful, sad and true - all at the same time, just like Thanksgiving. I hope you had a wonderful and creative day.
Christine said…
Lovely pieces Arnoldo!
C.J. Rains said…
Such a wonderful post. I too am so thankful for my few followers, but most of all for knowing who my Father is and for all his many blessings in my life. May God bless you and your family.
Joyfulartist said…
We can't change history but we can live now in the way God directs. Be thankful, be generous, be truthful, be kind and put God first.
Giggles said…
Beautiful post! Even though I am not American I am so thankful for people like you who by example put into the world messages of love and acceptance for all!! It has to start somewhere... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Hugs Giggles
LOVE the trio of candy canes and the colors. Gorgeous work. Lovely post and love the scripture.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Beautiful work! Wishing you a crafty, wonderful 2017!
Linda said…
So beautiful, Romero! Happy New Year and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada! :)
Trubes said…
Happy new Year Arnoldo,
I hope all is well with you and yours,
best wishes,
Di,
ABCW team,